How do I create a query in Jira?
Query results can be saved and used as filters and views across Jira (including boards).
- In the top navigation bar, select Filters.
- Select Advanced issue search. ( …
- Use quick filters for basic search or switch to JQL for advanced search.
How do I query a Jira database?
Perform the following steps to query the JIRA database directly in the JIRA UI:
- Navigate to Administration | Add-ons | Db Console.
- Select the database table to query from.
- Select the columns to include as part of the query, or leave it blank for all the columns.
Does Jira use SQL?
The user that Jira uses to connect to the SQL Server server. You should have created this in Step 1 above. The user’s password — used to authenticate with the SQL Server server. The name of the schema that your SQL Server database uses.
Is JQL similar to SQL?
JQL, like SQL and GraphQL, enables easy access to large data sets. These queries are similar in nature, even though they operate on different platforms. … These queries are very similar to SQL, GraphQL, and other query languages that enable easy access to large databases or data sets.
What Jira is used for?
Jira is a software application used for issue tracking and project management. The tool, developed by the Australian software company Atlassian, has become widely used by agile development teams to track bugs, stories, epics, and other tasks.
What does !~ Mean in Jira?
The ” !~ ” operator is used to search for issues where the value of the specified field is not a “fuzzy” match for the specified value.
What are the default issue types in Jira?
Default issue types
- Task. A task represents work that needs to be done.
- Subtask. A subtask is a piece of work that is required to complete a task. …
- Epic. A big user story that needs to be broken down. …
- Bug. A bug is a problem which impairs or prevents the functions of a product.
- Story. …
- Task. …
- Subtask. …
What is JSON query language?
How do you count in JQL?
To insert an issue count:
- Insert the Jira Macro. Select the in the top menu bar and select Jira Issue/Filter, OR. …
- Enter in your JQL query. …
- Select ‘Display Options’ at the bottom of the dialog box to expand the options.
- Select ‘Total issue count’
- Click Insert, and Voila!
Where is JIRA data stored?
Where does Atlassian store data? Today, Atlassian maintains data centers and hosts data in the US, Germany, Ireland, Singapore, and Australia. We provide all customers with secure, fast and reliable services by hosting their content in multiple regions around the world.
Can you use JIRA as a database?
Jira requires a relational database to store its issue data. If you’re setting up a completely new Jira installation, the Jira setup wizard will configure a database connection for you to either Jira’s internal H2 or an external database.