Most (if not all) project management tasks can be done from home, which makes this career path ideal for remote work. If you’re looking for remote project management jobs, we’ve identified 10 companies that offer remote work options for project managers.
Can you do project management remotely?
Remote project management can work; however, there are numerous factors that impact the success of a virtual project team, including the industry, project nature and complexity, infrastructure, communications, technology and team dynamics. Take a close look at your organizational goals and resources.
What does a remote project manager do?
Remote project management involves making sure projects run smoothly and get completed on time and budget, all while managing a remote team. It can be hard. Communication and motivation are major concerns for remote companies, and both of these things are crucial for good project management.
How much do remote project managers make?
While ZipRecruiter is seeing annual salaries as high as $125,500 and as low as $59,500, the majority of Remote Project Manager salaries currently range between $83,000 (25th percentile) to $109,500 (75th percentile) with top earners (90th percentile) making $122,500 annually across the United States.
Can project managers work across industries?
Due to the role’s abstract nature, project managers can work anywhere — in any physical location, with a company of any size in any industry. However, project manager roles are most common in organizations with upper management and multiple teams and departments involved in several extensive projects.
How do you become a virtual project manager?
How to Be an Effective Virtual Project Manager
- Have a System. The nature of virtual teams makes them a bit trickier to manage over a long period of time than a colocated team. …
- Use Communication Tools Well. …
- Build Trust and Relationships. …
- Get the Most Out of Virtual Meetings. …
- Emphasize Accountability.
Are project managers happy?
Project managers are below average when it comes to happiness. At CareerExplorer, we conduct an ongoing survey with millions of people and ask them how satisfied they are with their careers. As it turns out, project managers rate their career happiness 3.1 out of 5 stars which puts them in the bottom 36% of careers.
What industry pays project managers the most?
Highest-paying PMP jobs
- Engineering project management professional. Average U.S. salary: $124,434. …
- Aerospace project management professional. Average U.S. salary: $129,732. …
- Pharmaceutical project management professional. …
- Consulting project management professional. …
- Resources project management professional.
How do project managers work from home?
Using ProjectManager.com to Manage Work from Home
- Import Task List. Task lists are the lifeblood of any project, whether in the office or at home. …
- Choose Your Project View. Working from home means working how you want. …
- Make Assignments. …
- Customize Your Workflow. …
- Track Your Progress.
What jobs do project managers do?
A project manager (PM) is responsible for leading an entire project through initiation, planning, execution, control, and completion. Project managers always work in a team. They are most often sociable and great team players. As a PM, you will need to adapt to different people, cultures, environments, and situations.
How much do entry level project managers make?
An entry level project manager, earns around AU$83,000 a year. A senior project manager in his late career can earn as much as AU$128,000 in a year. The salary range also depends on the sector where the project manager will work.
What type of companies hire project managers?
Top 5 Industries that Hire Project Managers
- Information Technology.
- Startups/Small Business.