Project Management Institute (PMI) A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK) defines a project management plan (PMP) as a formal approved document that defines the overall plan for how the project will be executed, monitored and controlled.
What is the main purpose of a project management plan PMP )?
The purpose of such a document is to provide a comprehensive baseline of what has to be achieved by the project, how it is to be achieved, who will be involved, how it will be reported and measured and how information will be communicated.
What are the key components of project management?
The core components of project management are:
- defining the reason why a project is necessary;
- capturing project requirements, specifying quality of the deliverables, estimating resources and timescales;
- preparing a business case to justify the investment;
- securing corporate agreement and funding;
What is included in a management plan?
Why Create Management Plans? A Management plan is: A comprehensive plan for the program that clearly specifies intended objectives of the proposed project, including clearly defined responsibilities, timelines, and milestones for accomplishing project tasks.
What must be included in a project plan?
Include the following in it:
- The overall vision and broad goals for the project.
- The final deliverable and acceptance criteria.
- Key scope quality risks and your chief countermeasures to them.
- Key project team members and stakeholders.
- A summary of your resource and spending forecasts.
- A broad milestone schedule.
Who creates a project management plan?
The project manager creates the project management plan following input from the project team and key project stakeholders. The plan should be agreed and approved by at least the project team and its key stakeholders.
What is QRP management plan?
QRP Management Plan
QRP refers to quality, risk, and procurement. QRP management is a way of managing efforts being taken for successful execution of project.