Learning agility is about being able to digest a large amount of information quickly (speed) and figure out what is most important. DeRue also said you need to be able to change frameworks (flexibility) that help you understand how different things are related or connected.
What is learning agility and why is it important?
– Learning agility is the key to being able to adapt to change on both a personal and organizational level. Learning agility is described as the ability and the willingness to learn, largely from experimenting and seeking out new experiences.
How do you learn agility?
Among the ways to cultivate learning agility in yourself are:
- Innovating. Seek out new solutions. …
- Performing. Seek to identify patterns in complex situations. …
- Reflecting. Engage in “counterfactual thinking” – explore “what-ifs” and alternative histories for projects you’ve been involved in. …
- Risking. …
- Avoid defending.
What should I write in learning agility?
What is Learning Agility anyway?
- Constantly look out for new experiences to learn from.
- Thrive on complex problems and challenges.
- Enjoy making sense out of the different experiences they encounter.
- Deliver better performance as they have new skills ingrained in them.
Why is learning agility so important?
People who have high levels of learning agility seek out and learn from unfamiliar experiences and then apply those lessons to succeed in the next new situation. Learning agility helps them know what to do when they don’t know what to do. … Learning agility is not so much about what someone has accomplished.
What are the key characteristics of learning agility?
Learning Agility – Characteristics of a learning agile person
- unafraid to challenge the status quo.
- remain calm in the face of difficulty.
- take time to reflect on their experiences.
- purposefully put themselves in challenging situations.
- open to learning.
- resist the temptation to become defensive in the face of adversity.
Is agility a Behaviour?
Behavioural agility is about building dynamic capability and thriving through complex, turbulent and uncertain times. Our approach is to help individuals to understand the key behaviours of agile people who are fully equipped to work smarter and be efficient and effective in a changing world.
Why is agility important on offense?
One of the most important skills a flag football player can have is agility, or the ability to move quickly and easily around the field. Agility helps players navigate sharp routes with ease while on offense, in addition to becoming a more efficient and effective defenseman.